I am here thinking to myself while my 3 year old sleeps in perfect bliss after a busy morning with Trevor, another 3 year old that lives just a couple houses up in our street. Trevor usually comes early in the morning and they play together until lunch time, Wednesdays.
Its great watching them. I mean, don't get me wrong, its not perfect, they fight and scream and I get exhausted, but amazingly, they make up so well with virtually no interference from me. And as for me, not much to do about being tired, its just the way it is, I guess.
So today I was washing dishes while they played in the porch where there is a tiny plastic pool. I can see them from the window in front of the sink. There, another disagreement started, the pool water was too cold. So they both got upset. I thought for a second, maybe I should fill up a couple buckets of hot water to make the water more pleasant.I got the bucket under the sink.
As I looked up again, they were making plans. Maybe we should just put our feet in.
" Get in Lucas, c'omom" said Trevor. " nooooo, its wayyyy cold" Lucas replied.
I dropped the bucket for a minute and kept watching them....
I dropped the bucket for a minute and kept watching them....
" Lucas get in here!" Trevor again. Lucas appears to walk away. Seconds pass , Lucas comes back with a plastic turtle on his hand, slowly gets inside the pool. Laughs, Trevor Laughs. I put my bucket under the sink and smile.Back to the dishes.
HUmnn ....mmmm...Cinnamon buns at the pool. That's the right kind of living.........
No comments:
Post a Comment