Thursday, August 19, 2010

sisterhood

I was here in the  end afternoon stress, thinking to myself.....I guess I put theses kiddos to bed kind of early, seven thirty......humnn....

But , I am so tired. Fortunately not too tired  to get in other people’s business. Livia forgot her new camera here.

MUHHAAAaaaaaa...I`ll snoop around and make copies of the ones like. My fingers are not too tired yet. Plus the kids are already in bed anyway......

So I found this picture, the pearl, in the middle of the mess. I took it, well I pressed the button.She wasnt even noticing me clicking around.
Who cares, lara , go on.( my inner voice talking....the one I never listen to)

I sat here staring at it for a while, wondering.....


I wonder how this woman barely brushes her hair in the morning. Almost every day I see her she is wearing a sports bra. Sometimes her hair sticks up like.....like...mortixia( the Adam's family mom), usually when Max is being a.....saint. Other times she tells me she skipped shower because she was too busy .



I also wondered....It’s easy to be a beautiful woman when you have time and money. Anyone can do it.
When makeup gets old in your drawers and soap is your only friend. Women can get scary unpleasant.



Still, all I could see on this particular picture was a sparkling beauty. Maybe because of all those parties that she doesn’t go anymore or those afternoons on a salon that never happen again. That bare skin that has no idea what a facial is, or from the gym weights that were substitute by an uneven weight of a child. That hair that used to be cared weekly by a top hairstylist and now it’s lucky to see the guy from Regis.
No, her life is nothing like it used to be.Nada, zapt... She is all bare.



Surprisingly, I do not recall staring at one of her pictures and finding her this pretty. She is the best looking mother I know and woman for that matter. Lucky me we have the same genetics, but on my next picture I `ll put some makeup on so we can look like sisters :).

3 comments:

  1. Menina, gostei demais dessa foto! HOT MAMA IS ON THE HOUSE...hahahaha!!Adorei o que vc escreveu...a verdade seja dita, vida de full time mothers nao tem muito glamur ne..hehe!Mas colega tu estas um espetaculo tambem...acho que dormir cedo, acordar com as galinhas, nao beber, nao fumar e ver essas criaturinhas crescerem espertas e saudaveis esta te deixando cada dia mais linda!!!
    beijos
    ps: amanha to de volta hein..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out! HOT MAMA in the house! You and Max were TOTALLY posing for that picture, don't lie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda mesmo. Mais bonito ainda o que vc escreveu. Bjos

    ReplyDelete